Wednesday, January 19, 2011
The "Sea" Part
I’m beginning to reevaluate my love of the Atlantic Ocean. Sometime last night we left the Caribbean and entered the Atlantic. I woke up around 2 this morning to the sound of drawers being slammed open and shut and things falling off our tables. I tried to pull my covers back up to go back to sleep but my hand slipped so I pretty much punched myself in the mouth and my tooth went through my lip a good ways. Not too fun. I’m grateful for the tightly tucked sheets though because I think there’s a real chance I could fall out of my bed otherwise. Getting ready this morning was more work than usual. I definitely felt like those kids on the commercials with the huge bookbags that fall over. It’s really entertaining to watch people walk around the ship. Even most of the crew members are walking in zig zags. One class this morning got dismissed about ten minutes after it started because the professor got seasick. In my first class, the girl beside me threw up. If I’d noticed sooner, I probably would have lost my breakfast too. They didn’t open the pool today, I’m guessing because of the rocking. There were signs on a lot of the doors to the outside decks saying “Do Not Exit Due to High Wind.” Not too comforting. Now we can just look forward to the Cape of Good Hope which is supposed to make this look serene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck on not throwing up.
ReplyDelete