I got really worried last night because the ship’s captain made an announcement around 9:30 that in about an hour we would be entering the shallow waters of the Amazon entrance and would therefore have to bring in the stabilizers so we were likely to experience “significant rolling.” I figured that must be like barrel rolls or something because they didn’t find it necessary to warn us the night drawers were slamming open. To my surprise though, I woke up this morning and can hardly feel that we are moving. The river’s really brown but so calm compared to the ocean. It’s also cool to be able to see land.
A lot of people got sunburned yesterday. I think we crossed the equator last night, but I’m not positive. I spent the greater part of the afternoon silently making fun of everyone’s red skin but last night I looked in the mirror and realized the joke’s on me. Apparently I didn’t quite make it to my arms when I was putting on sunscreen so I got a farmers tan without even wearing a shirt. And I cheated a bit by mixing sunscreen and lotion for my legs. Apparently that wasn’t sufficient. So turns out I’m a bit red myself. Lesson learned. Again.
No comments:
Post a Comment