Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hong Kong

First I should say that I spent the whole time between Vietnam and Hong Kong horribly seasick. Luckily it was only for two days though. The first thing we did was take the Star Ferry to the main island (wait, is Hong Kong an island? I should probably know). I can’t remember if we had an actual destination or not. But we walked around for a while and then went to lunch at a place called CafĂ© de Coral which I learned a couple of days ago from an article I read for ethics class that it is pretty much the equivalent of McDonald’s. But it was pretty good. In Hong Kong, the official languages are Cantonese and English so we didn’t have terribly much trouble getting around and stuff. After lunch we took the peak tram. Turns out it just takes you to a really tall mall that has sort of decent viewing areas too. Most of the ports we’ve gone to have started to all seem the same. Fancy malls, big cities, tall buildings, same companies and brands everywhere. Some of them just drive on the wrong side of the road. Anyway, that night we got all dressed up and went to a floating restaurant for dinner. When we got there, we realized we kind of already eat three meals a day on a floating restaurant. Ha. But the food was pretty good and it was a fun experience. The next day I didn’t really get to do anything in Hong Kong because I had to go to the airport for my China Guide trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment